NRA-CET First Exam
The first Common Eligibility Test (CET) by NRA excepted to be in September 2021. 1.5 lac vacancies.
NRA CET is a common eligibility test that will be conducted by National Recruitment Agency to screen candidates at the first level of various SSC, RRB and IBPS recruitment exams.
(NRA CET is all set to replace the preliminary exams for SSC, RRB and IBPS government jobs. The first ever NRA CET is expected to be held in 2021. As and when held, the exam will be conducted in online mode at three levels – Class 10, Class 12 and graduation.)
NRA CET will be conducted for posts and vacancies released under SSC, RRB and IBPS. Some of the tier-I exams that NRA will take over in the coming months include SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC GD, SSC CPO, SSC MTS, RRB Group-D, RRB NTPC, IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk.
National Recruitment Agency CET:
- NRA CET will be conducted to screen candidates at the first level only for SSC, IBPS and RRB recruitment.
- Based on NRA CET score, final selection will be made through separate specialised tier-II/tier-III exams to be conducted by respective recruitment agency (SSC/IBPS/RRB).
- NRA CET will be conducted twice a year.
- Complete NRA CET exam process including filling up of the application form, release of admit card, announcement of result, etc. will be done online.
- There will be separate online NRA CETs for graduates, Class 12 and Class 10 candidates.
- NRA CET score of a candidate will be valid for three years.
- Best available NRA CET score of three years to be considered for selection/recruitment.
- NRA CET scores can be shared with central government, state governments, Union Territories (UTs), Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and private sector.
- Through NRA CET, candidates will get the opportunity to compete for many posts by appearing for just one exam.
NRA CET eligibility criteria:
- Educational qualification: NRA CET will be conducted at three levels – Class 10, Class 12 and graduation. This means that candidates who have cleared Class 10, Class 12 and graduation are all eligible to apply.
- Age limit: There will be an upper age limit for the exam. The age limit will differ as per the post for which the candidate will apply. However, there will be relaxations in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC), Persons with Disability (PwD), etc.
- Number of attempts: There is no bar on the number of attempts one can take for the exam, subject to the upper age limit prescribed.
Expected NRA CET SUBJECTS
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness and General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Language (English, Hindi, etc.)